Frequently Asked Questions: The Hamel Foundation NHS 3'3" Equitation Championship and the ASPCA Maclay Finals
- Do I need to be a member of NHS to compete?
- Can I show in the Maclay & the NHS 3’3” Medal at the same competition?
- Yes, riders competing in the NHS 3’3” Medal may compete in any other class at the same competition for which they are eligible, including
the USEF Medal, WIHS, USEF Talent Search.
- Do I have to stop showing once I am qualified for the NHS 3’3” Equitation Championship?
- No, once qualified for the NHS 3’3” Equitation Championship riders may continue to compete in the qualifying classes. There is no cap
on number of points or number of shows in which a qualified rider may take part.
- Can I qualify for both the Maclay Regionals and the NHS 3’3” Equitation Championship?
- Yes, a rider may qualify for both the Maclay Regionals and the NHS 3’3” Equitation Championship in the same year. That rider may then
compete in their Regional competition. If they qualify through the Regional class to compete in the Maclay finals, then a decision
must be made in which finals to compete.
- Can I show in both finals?
- No, riders must choose in which finals they wish to compete. Riders may not compete in both the Maclay Finals and the NHS 3’3” Equitation
- Should I enter the NHS 3’3” Equitation Championship then scratch if I qualify for the Maclay Finals?
- No, do just the opposite. If a rider competes in their Regional competition and does not make it through to the Maclay Finals, then
they should enter the NHS 3’3” Equitation Championship if they are qualified and choose to compete. Closing date of entries is
September 28, 2018. That gives the rider at least 5 days from the completion of the last Regional competition.
- If I showed in any of the US Medal finals may I compete in the NHS 3’3” Equitation Championship?
- No, the NHS 3’3” Equitation Championship is open to riders who have never competed in any of the following National Equitation Finals
with fences at 3’6”: ASPCA Maclay Finals, US Medal Finals, USEF Talent Search (East or West), WIHS Equitation Classic Finals, Jump
Canada Medal Finals or the North American Equitation Championship.